It’s a big moment when a child gets their first pair of glasses! For many kiddos, they have struggled to see clearly for a long time. Now with the help of their first pair, they get to see everything they may have missed before.
- Lincoln Children’s Museum: Blast off in the Lunar Lander, visit Tiny Town, and dig your way through the prairie dog tunnels in this three-story learning museum where you can build, dance, play, climb, create, sing, laugh, and go wherever your imagination takes you! First Pair Pass recipients get one child admission free when you buy an adult admission.
- Pioneers Park: Have you ever seen a bison up close? Or played for hours in the Natural Playground? There is so much to explore in Lincoln’s largest park with over 600 acres of prairie grass, woodlands, wetlands, and even a stream! Don’t miss the wildlife sanctuary where you can see bison, elk, and white-tailed deer.
- Sunken Gardens: Cascading waterfalls and reflecting pools and lots of friendly goldfish! Oh my! The Sunken Gardens is one of the biggest gardens in Nebraska. Can you find “Rebekah at the Well” and “Reville” –the statues that call the garden home?
- Nebraska State Capitol: Do you want to be the Governor when you grow up? Visit the Nebraska State Capitol where our state’s leaders make laws every day. Check out the ‘Tower on the Prairie’ where the windows were designed to look like giant stalks of corn. Last on your stop–see the Sower standing way up top on a pedestal of wheat and corn!
- Morrill Hall: Prehistoric animals? No way! Meet Archie the mammoth as you explore the age of dinosaurs, gaze among the stars at the Planetarium, and visit Lincoln’s favorite science exhibits. First Pair Pass members get one free kid admission coupon for a mammoth of a good time at Morrill Hall!
- Hub Cafe: Who wants a cookie? Yummy, yum! Hub Cafe serves up delicious food made with ingredients grown on real farms right here in Nebraska! Don’t forget to check out all the water fountains or bring your bike to ride on the nearby trail. Present your First Pair Pass and get a free cookie!
Your kids can explore the city with their improved vision and share with us pictures of their experiences using EyeCare’s hashtag #ECSeyes. In addition, the map is neatly presented in a First Pair Pass bag with a lens cleaning cloth, a colorful case, and a lens cleaning spray.See your next adventure with EyeCare Specialties and your First Pair Pass!